Thursday, April 30, 2009

Strawberry Planter






Spring time means time to plant a garden. I planted a row of strawberries thinking I was so smart and ahead of the game. Then I was informed that when they start growing they might now make it due to the rabbits loving the plant. So my wonderful father-in-law and Shane had a wonderful idea about moving a huge cement tank over to the house to plant the strawberries off the ground so that they will not become rabbit food and "might" come back next year. I thought this would be a simple task with the equipment they have. Well, it ended up being an almost all afternoon ordeal. It took a tractor, chain, another tractor to pull the tank out of the ground and a lot of dirt. The pictures will tell the story of how much fun we had. (Shane's mom) and I stood and watched laughing about how hard they were working for some silly strawberries. :) We had a good time when it was all done and when we have fresh strawberry shortcake it will all be worth the hassle. Thought you guys would enjoy the pictures.

No comments: