Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer Time

Can we believe it is really here? The school year went by so fast. I thought the first week would be pretty uneventful. What was I thinking? I went golfing Saturday morning and had a great time again. It is amazing how inconsistent golf is when you only play twice a year. I am suprised that one of my clubs didn't end of wrapped around a tree out of frustration!!
I also finished a blanket that I have been working on for one of my very first girls I coached during the first three years of coaching. She is getting married here in June. It means a lot that she still keeps in touch with me and invites me to such an important time in her life. I hope I get to attend the ceremony. And who knew that I could sew?? I guess my mom rubbed off on me more than I thought. I wish she would have rubbed off on how to sew a straight stitch.:)
The first Sunday of summer was restful. We slept in a little, did stuff around the house and about to start working on getting our camper ready to travel this summer to the mountains. YEA can't wait.
In the middle of the afternoon we get phone call from Shane's dad. He was in the field working. He said he just needed a ride home. We sent Kolton after him and soon discovered that the tractor caught on fire that he was on. YIKES. Glad no one else was on the tractor that day and no one got hurt. We had Rangers, Hardeman County Sheriff, and other on-lookers on the place to see what was going on. It isn't every day you see a tractor burning to the ground. Other than that, summer is a wonderful time. We have had a couple showers and beautiful weather.
I have also spent my mornings up at the gym with about 30 girls for summer workouts. There has been a good turnout. I am very excited about next year.
Last night I spent my time hitting golf balls out in the Pasteur trying not to hit the cows, but with my hook I was hitting the water and module builder. Kolton and I had fun Easter egg hunting for all 40 of the golf balls.

No comments: