Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Getting back into the swing of things

Well, vacation is over. I wouldn't have it any other way but to spend 6 splendid days with my husband away from our stress and worries about work. Shane is a different man when he isn't worried about it raining too much, not enough, too much wind, being too hot, too cold, or something breaking down. He also wears shorts when we leave the state of Texas. It is guaranteed that he will have is "regular" clothes on when we cross the state line.

The week after we get back from Colorado, I leave for Austin to attend TGCA convention.(Texas Girls Coaching Association). It is a long drive no matter what. On the way I found out that my little brother and his wife will be having a girl in November. They already have 2 other boys. So of course I had to stop and shop in Hillsboro (outlet mall) to pick up some GIRL baby clothes. I spent some time at their house Tuesday evening in Leander before making my way into downtown Austin.
My brother works full-time for the National Guard in Austin. We are very proud of him for his service in the military.




The week was GREAT. I attended every volleyball session there was. The All-star games are always fun to watch. I learned a lot and enjoyed the friends that I spent the week with.

The saturday I got back from Austin we headed back to Decatur to trade in for our bigger pick up. Shane has decided to go FORD since they are not government owned. Anyway, we needed a space in the back seat where Kolton could sit for longer than 20 minutes. He has grown about a foot this year.




The next 2 weeks there are about 15-20 girls playing in a Summer Volleyball League in Vernon. I will be traveling there on Tuesday and Thursday evenings to watch them. I am glad that there was enough to make 2 teams to get them ready for 2-A-Day practices starting August 3rd. I am excited about a brand new year. The first year is always the hardest. There are many things that will be done differently.

I don't have much time left to get things ready for the first week of practice!! You may not hear from me for a while. I wish my best to you all & God Bless!!!

No comments: