Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Somebody say WHOA! Summer is going by too fast!

Well, let's see what has been going on since the last time I posted... Middle of June I stayed a week with my Mother to take care of her after surgery. She didn't need much tending to except to make her sit and rest. I had to be pretty bossy!! I mostly had to care for my wonderful little Grandmother who lives with my parents. She is 92 and forgets everything when you walk out of the room, but she can remember all details from her childhood. It was a surprise and a blessing for her to see me each morning when she woke up. Only if everyone was that happy to see us each day. It was fun to hear her stories of growing up and her going to school even though they were the same old stories we have heard a hundred times. She of all people have turned in to a dog loving woman. She has turned my parent's two dogs into 2 fat happy dogs by feeding them from the table and gets mad at you if you tell her that they have already eaten. She thinks they are so hungry just because they are at the table begging. How can you argue with a Grandmother??? I haven't figured that one out yet. We had some pretty funny things happen. One may not be too funny. My parents have a bullsnake (named Fred) who comes to their yard to drink from the bird waterer and to our amazement can climb trees. I will put on some fascinating pictures later. If there is a bullsnake around then the chances of a rattlesnake being around are less so they let this one alone. Gives my grandmother something to watch out the sliding door each day.


My mom is doing well after her surgery and after 8 days of being away from my wonderful husband I had to go home. Saturday the 27th, before I came home I had to take the stinking ExCet test again. I can't say enough how much I hate that test.

I had a week to recover from that long week at my parents. I slept in a few days and worked around the house, finished 2 blankets I have been working on for the last month. One was for our camper which matches our camouflage decoration. I sure hoped we would get to use it since we are running out of time.

My friend who lives in Florida came down for a visit with her fiance who is from Pennsylvania during the 4th of July weekend. He has ever been to a rodeo, so we took him to the Clarendon Ranch Rodeo. It rained on us for about an hour and made the rodeo last forever. I thought the whole thing was fun.

Sunday afternoon, Shane said let's leave tomorrow for vacation since we just got 2 1/2 inches of rain. So all afternoon we packed up our camper and worked till 3am. We still didn't know where we were going, all we knew is that we were leaving town for the first time in our camper. We finally decided to head to Texas Creek Colorado. It is near Salida Colorado where we went last year.
I will have pictures of vacation later since that is where I am right now........







Here Shane & I are at a river on Mt. Princeton and us in the front of the raft as we are floating down the Royal Gorge. We had a blast!! We spent a few days of activities and the best days were sitting around the camper doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. There won't be very many days of that.

No comments: