Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ronnie Millsap

I always like going to a good concert, but when I was told that we all would be going to a Ronnie Millsap concert I was a little skeptical (OK A LOT!) We get to Amarillo early to take me to my Doctor visit and take my Jeep to the Dr.

While I was in my visit Shane took my Jeep to get 4 new tires and the front-end aligned, which wasn't done correctly the first time and we were sold a bad tire which made it drive funny for the last several months. I won't name any names to protect the innocent.

At 6:00 we meet up with the rest of the Harris family and we are off to the concert. Of course we get there 1 1/2 hours early because we have to have front row parking and get snacks. The doors weren't even open yet so we had time to stand around and talk. Once the doors were open the auditorium filled up quickly. It was amazing to see the wide variety of people and the broad range of ages that enjoyed his music.

Before the concert I sure couldn't remember more than 2 songs that he might be performing. I ended up enjoying the whole show. I knew all but 1 song during his country, gospel and "oldies" part of the show. I was reminded by my sister-in-law that most were written or produced while I was still in diapers. :) Afterwards, we ate well and went home.

No comments: