Monday, July 4, 2011

FAST RECAP OF 2010

It has been awhile since I have written on this blog. For those friends who are far away, here is a quick recap of the last year. After the Ice storm and making a t-shirt blanket for our friend Roger, and me making it through softball season with some back problems, I just forgot to keep writing. My friend Kristi from Florida came to visit in May. I spent a lot of days in Amarillo trying to get my back to feel better. It didn't work.
I painted the dining room in the house that Shane swore didn't think would look good, but he really liked it. He actually wants me to paint the living room next.
I had my 2 neices come stay with me for almost a week and we had a blast. We drove the Gator, played in mud, made pillow cases, and 200 cookies. I am a GREAT AUNT TIA!!
We moved our old camper under the barn only as "Rednecks" can - with a tractor. It was the easiest and most entertaining for me.


I did help with Vacation Bible School as the activity director, even though I have not been to church in forever. I had a fun time with the kids. I would have done a better job if my back did not hurt the whole time.

We actually had a 4th of July fireworks show so we drove to town and watched. It was gorgeous.

We decided in July, right before my volleyball was to start. We decided to start to fix (rip out) the whole bathroom and fix the floor. It always ends up being more than what you bargained for. Started with fixing the walls, ended up being ripping the flooring and bathtub out and pretty much starting all over. It was so fun. I am so pleased that we did it. It is wonderful. Thankfully I have In-laws who live so close so that we could shower.
Also during this time, lost my Aussie, Balee and it took some time but we decided it was time to look at getting another. Shane talked to a man who had Border Collies. He was told that I would come and look at them. Shane knew that if I went to "look" that I would come home with one. And he was right. How can you leave without taking the cutest one.
So now we have Marlee!!
Volleyball started and my year begins. During our tournament Shane walks in and with a very SERIOUS look on his face he had to tell me that he had run over Marlee and took her to the vet. Broke both of her back legs and told the vet to do whatever he had to do to fix her. And thankfully we have a wonderful, wonderful vet. She did just fine with surgery, but had to stay another week because she had a big hole where the incision was and they wanted to watch her. When we got her home it took her about 2 weeks for her to walk on her legs. She crawled by pulling herself with the front legs. It was heart-breaking. Finally she was up and got the pins out. She was a brand new puppy. It took her time to get strength and trust in her legs. Here she is today looking a little dirty but healthy.
In August, we had the Annual Harris reunion right before volleyball started. I enjoy trying to remember who everyone is. I just don't see many of them but once a year. I wish my parents side of the family would meet once every 5 years or something.
After volleyball I went and visited my brother's family in Austin while I was down for the State Volleyball Tournament. He was on leave from being gone on his 2nd tour in Iraq. So I got to spend time a little time with Chet, kids and his wife, Kelley. It was a short trip but it was very nice.
This year I am coaching 9th grade basketball. I haven't coached BB in about 4 years. It was fun getting "into" it again. I forgot how much I liked basketball. The group of kids I had was a fun group. And of course the group of coaches I worked with made it fun as well. Thanks guys.
The year went by so fast and now it is Christmas time. We spent it at my brothers house in Canyon. The kids make it so fun. I decorated the house with lights and the men got guns! What else can you ask for??

This was a very short expression of what 2010 held for me but I will be better in the future.....?

No comments: